The AMWA Carolinas Chapter Conference was held on May 5th, 2023 at the Friday Center, Chapel Hill, NC. Thank you all for attending the conference. Post-conference survey can be found at the bottom of this page.
AMWA Carolinas is excited to offer 2 simultaneous tracks of presentations for our 2023 Chapter Conference. Please see the conference program below for details.
- One track will focus on medical writing tools – technology, the AMWA toolkit, accessibility, and plain language.
- The other track will address imposter syndrome, safety writing, quality editing, and resume review.
- Attendees will be able to switch tracks freely between sessions according to their interests.
Our lunchtime roundtable lineup includes promotional writing; regulatory writing; cybersecurity; soft skills; Good Publication Practice; and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Conference registration was closed on April 28th, 2023. Please note that due to space restrictions, we will not have on-site registration. Couldn’t sign up? Join us for our pre-conference event below!
For registered conference attendees, here is important updated information:
- Parking at the Friday Center requires a parking pass. We will be emailing your pass this week, please print it if possible and leave it on your dashboard before entering the conference. Otherwise, we can provide you one at registration for you to walk back out to your car.
- Your registration fee includes continental breakfast, educational sessions, lunch, one roundtable, and refreshments at sponsor breaks.
- Printed conference programs will not be provided – the agenda will be posted and a QR code will be available for a digital copy.
- If you are interested in participating in the resume review, please sign up at the registration table.
- Please visit our sponsor websites below to learn about these companies and their job openings.
- We will have a QR code for an online post-conference survey, please look out for it and give your thoughts. If you complete this survey, you get a chance to win FREE registration to our 2024 conference and you help us make the conference better every year. This link will also be posted here and emailed to you.
A pre-conference networking event will also be held on May 4th, 2023. To attend the networking event, please follow this registration link and finalize your plans by Wednesday, May 3rd.
|Early-bird Registration (February 24 – March 23)||$90||$120||$25|
|Regular Registration (March 24 – April 28)||$120||$150||$25|
100 Marriott Way
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Post-conference survey results
2023 Conference Committee
- Abigail Agoglia (Conference Chair)
- Kim Jochman
- Demetrius Carter
- Jenni Pickett
- Angelica Dumapit
- M. Renee Akers
- Simone Otto
- Jaya Samaranayake
- Luisa Giannangelo
- Amanda Goode
- Ariel Dotts
- Emma Arigi
- Ishita Chatterjee