Friday, May 7, 2021, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern
This year’s virtual conference will allow you to engage from wherever you are!
Program at a Glance
Morning Session: 8:00 – 11:30 AM
Bootstrapping Doesn’t Involve Boots: Statistical Insights and Experiences
Ventia DePuy Bowden, Ph.D., Owner, Bowden Analytics
CRISPR/Cas Gene Therapy for Angelman Syndrome
Mark J. Zylka, Ph.D., UNC-Chapel Hill Neuroscience Center
Roundtable Discussion Breakout Rooms: 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM
Roundtable Topics & Leaders
- Breaking into Medical Writing
- Jenni Pickett, Ph.D., Medical Writer and Consultant, Whitsell Innovations, Inc.
- Volunteer Opportunities with AMWA
- Ann Winter-Vann, Ph.D., Senior Writer and Manager, Whitsell Innovations, Inc.
- Avoiding Death by PowerPoint: Turning Bullets into Visuals
- Danielle Hennis, Presentation Specialist, Make It Memorable Consulting Studios
- Starting a Freelance Medical Communications Business: An Editor’s Perspective
- Kathleen Labonge, MBA, Freelance Editor
- Structured Content Management: Write Once, Reuse Often!
- Kim Jochman, Ph.D., Senior Principal Medical Writer, Merck
- Medical Writing Planning and Strategies for Marketing Application Submissions
Afternoon Session: 1:15 – 4:15 PM
“I Can Help You If You Would Just Let Me!” – Best Practices in Overcoming a Challenging Sponsor
Demetrius Carter, MBA, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Sciences, Synchrogenix, a Certara company
Using Word’s Find and Replace Tool to Get Your Stuff Done Faster
BJ Witkin, Global Regulatory Publishing Specialist, Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Networking: 4:15 – 5:00 PM
Updated April 12, 2021: New Trainee Options & Reduced Rates for AMWA Members Added!
|AMWA Members||Non-Members||AMWA Members||Non-Members|
|Regular Registration (April 1 – May 6)||$70||$120||$35||$60|
|Day-of Registration (by 8:30 AM ET May 7)||$120||$130||$60||$65|
Interested in joining the Conference Sponsors listed below?
See our Call for Sponsors Page for more details on sponsorship levels and benefits!