Thursday, May 1 | 6:30-8:30 pm
Tobacco Road Sports Cafe in Chapel Hill
Join us for a preconference dinner at the Tobacco Road Sports Café at 1118 Environ Way in Chapel Hill from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Get to know fellow AMWA members in a relaxed, quiet environment before the conference begins. (The dinner will be held in a private room at the restaurant.) Tobacco Road offers a variety of entrée options and is conveniently located in East54 off Chapel Hill Road (less than a mile from the Friday Center). For restaurant information or directions, visit their website or call (919) 537 8404.
Friday, May 2, 2014 | 7:45am – 5:00pm
Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC
Check out the Registration Brochure.
AMWA Workshop Options
- How to Write NIH Grants (CP/EW/FL) presented by Karen Potvin Klein, MA, ELS
- Basics of Health Care Compliance (RR/EW) presented by Joan Nilson
- Bibliographic Resources for Medical Communicators (ES/G) presented by Joan Nilson
- Summarizing Clinical Efficacy Data for a New Drug Application (RR) presented by Peggy Boe, RN
- Project Management for Regulatory Submissions presented by Michelle M. Patterson, MBA, PMP, and Rick Rogers, MS, PMP
- PBRERs/PSURs: Bleak House or Great Expectations? presented by Barton Cobert, MD, FACP, FACG
- AMWA’s Certification Commission—Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going presented by Karen Potvin Klein, MA, ELS
- How to Get Into Medical Writing – A Panel Discussion with panelists Deana Betterton-Lewis, MS, RAC; Suzanne Lawton, RAC, CCRP; and Robin Stromberg, PhD
Thank you to our sponsors, UCB and Synchrogenix.
Are you interested in sponsoring the AMWA Carolinas Spring Conference? Please contact our treasurer Catherine Champagne.